Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Countdown

T-minus 1 day, 12 hours and counting until I get holes punched into Hannibal Oliver. I talked to a tech at the hospital yesterday and he informed me I would not be having a trans jugular biopsy (he was shocked I even knew what that was), would be getting good drugs, and would be able to sit up (and even pee if need be) in the recovery room. I may actually get some oh-so-tasty hospital food. Now what more could a girl ask for?! Ryan will be with me the whole time. The kids will be at my dad's, then he'll return them when I get settled back in. That way they can help me out as need be, which shouldn't be much.

I thought for sure I was going to die this past weekend. Between my incredibly physically demanding Fri.-Sun. schedule and the stress that it all brought, I also woke up Sat. morning around 4:00 a.m. having an apparent panic attack. It had been so long since I had one that I thought something else must've been horribly wrong. My heart was racing, I felt tingly and like I was on fire, and was convinced I would end up in the ER. I did my best to stay calm and eventually fell back to sleep. When I mentioned this to my dad that day he said it sounded like a panic attack and wasn't surprised I'd had one given all that we were doing work-wise.

Going out of order here--I also had a hideous migraine of sorts on Fri. while decorating. When I sneezed it felt like my head was going to break open. Not fun at all. My dad actually got worried. Said I should mention it to my doctors. This isn't the first time, however I was able to knock it out with one Advil. Shocked the hell out of me! I should've known it was coming as I had a bad pain behind my right eye and that particular headache seems to get me back there as well. Instead of being in the front, it's all located towards the base of my skull, more so on the right side than the left, and evil. My right eye has been a little "flarey" as of late too.

On Sun. I hit a wall. Big, brick, and not moving. I took a nap Sun. day after we finished working and did lunch. Then that night I was in bed around 10 p.m. and slept until after 8 a.m. I took a little doze on Mon. and was actually up until after 11 p.m. because we watched a movie. I've done nothing but want to sleep since this weekend. I also had a bout of nausea that was worse than any I've had thus far. I was so sure that my dinner wasn't going to stay put that I didn't venture far from the bathroom.

My throat is still hurting at various degrees. I'll be mentioning it to my GI people when I see them next week. My guess is that I have an ulcer or am getting one or just have really bad reflux. This stuff sucks.

No comments: