Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A step in the right direction

Got the results of my liver panel bloodwork and it looks like my ALT was only two points above normal, so that's really good. The AST and everything else was normal, which is how it's been for a bit anyways. I'm still waiting on my records for my biopsy. The hospital changed a bunch of things so that now instead of going in, requesting what you need, signing a release, and walking out with your paperwork, you have to go in, sign a release, and wait. They also implemented a fee for each time you get your records. When the person in charge of handling all of this called to verify what I needed and my address I asked him about the fee and what they did for people who couldn't afford it. I was told that they "make deals" with people. Okay. So it's more of a guideline than a rule, eh? He said that he wouldn't charge me, which was nice considering how much the cost of everything has added up, and would put them in the mail that day (Monday). I still haven't received them. If they haven't arrived by tomorrow I'm going to call and see if I can't go down there and pick them up myself.

The GI's office agreed to call in one month of Questran for me. Why they couldn't just do another standing order is beyond me. I will most likely need to be on this for the rest of my life so it annoys me that they are making it difficult.

The Aciphex seems to be doing well for me. My throat is ever so slightly sore at times, yet much better. I also haven't been having the reflux like before. It's been nice not having that big issue to deal with on top of everything else.

Surprisingly I've started having a bit more energy. Nothing to get excited over, just enough that when I drink my coffee I actually get a few things accomplished. Been awhile since that has happened.

Arthritis-wise the achy legs continue. Some days are better than others. No one from Dr. B's office has called about me stopping the Sulfasalazine and what they want me to do. My SI joints have been acting up here and there but the cortisone shots still scare me. I have no doubt those will suck.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Questran's fun stuff. I used to take it to help control my cholesterol (this was waaaaay before medications in pill form were available).

Is it still in powder form? If so I recommend mixing it with OJ or Sunny D. MUUUUCH better than water.

~Laura~ said...

I definitely mix it with the OJ despite the evil NP telling me not to. I tried it in Gatorade and that was barely tolerable. I can't handle it in water...makes me want to throw up.