Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Interesting development

Got a call from the rheumy's office today but it wasn't about me stopping the Sulfasalazine (yes, I finally called to let them know that--yesterday). Instead the girl I talked to said that NP B had called them requesting my test results. I found this highly interesting given I had already signed the paperwork and was told they would be getting said results well over a month ago. Obviously they never did that. Plus, it makes me wonder if the labwork drawn yesterday showed continued elevated liver enzymes. In looking back there have been 4-5 AST and ALT tests that were above normal all since 2006. And I noticed that the ALT has continually risen instead of going back down like my AST had since last year. I hope to get all copies of my tests this week, yet it may have to wait until next week as I don't want to make two trips--and I really want my liver biopsy stuff finalized.

I also started a new med, Aciphex, for my GERD issues. Fingers crossed this one works and doesn't cause any side effects!

This afternoon I put in a call to NP B's office to inquire about getting the prescription for the Questran since she forgot to give it to me, and I wanted to cancel my appt. with her. Unfortunately I had to leave a message and no one called me back. My hope is that NP B called in the prescription for me and that tomorrow I'll get a phone call stating as such...then I can tell them I have no desire to see that woman ever again. I do realize that I have to tread lightly as I can't just go pissing off the only GI practice in town. That sucks.

No comments: