Tuesday, July 31, 2007

For the love of...

I put off upping the Sulfasalazine for a couple of days and ended up with a sore throat. This was listed as one of the "stop taking immediately" side effects, so I did. Then we went out of town and I didn't have a chance to ask my doctor about it. Why haven't I called him yet despite coming back on Sunday? Because that would make sense and we all know how I can't have anything make sense. I guess part of it is because I was busy catching up on work and the other part was that I figure that since I haven't keeled over that it's probably nothing. Still, I will be calling there tomorrow as I would like to go back on it if possible. I wouldn't be surprised if the sore throat is from reflux. I did the 14-day regimen of Prilosec and it worked well. Coincidentally (or not) after finishing the recommended amount, a few days later (about the same time I was due to up my dosage of the Sulfasalazine) I got the sore throat. So maybe it is reflux and not med side effects. Of course the crap part of all of this is that if it is reflux then that means I am screwed in that dept. thanks to the NSAID's and Pred. Just one more pill to take for a long time I guess.

I also rescheduled my liver biopsy to Aug. 9th at 11 a.m. Given that we have 3 events this weekend I figured it would be better to not be recovering from a hole being punched in my liver. Wise decision on my part as I have been swamped and stressed.

Leg-wise I have still been very achy and grudgingly taking the Percocet. I would really, really, really like to wean off of these as I do worry about becoming addicted. Regardless of whether or not I need them now doesn't matter. I don't like it and they freak me the hell out.

Hannibal Oliver (Hannibal from Dr. Lecter since he liked liver so much, Oliver from a gal who named "it" on the internets for me) is growing nicely. Not too fast, yet enough to make me shake my head and groan when I look down. When DH and I were up in Portland this past weekend we passed by a maternity store and I was THIS close to going in. The only thing that stopped me was knowing full well that anything with the word "maternity" on it automatically price jumps by about 100%. Boooooooo. For now I'll stick with my new flowy-bottom tops that I adore and curse at my snug (re: normal) t-shirts. I tell ya, I used to think I had a belly that needed toning and would lament that I looked pregnant when I wore sweatpants. Excuse me while I go smack myself upside the head. Plus, nothing is worse than seeing your belly enlarge and your boobs stay the same size. At least if they got bigger I'd be proportionate but NO...can't have that now can we? Eh, fiddlesticks.

And yes, even though I know you don't have to ask, I'm still exhausted. That part hasn't changed.

No comments: