Friday, June 1, 2007

Checking in

I can report that I'm noticing slightly less pain and stiffness as compared to being on the 5 mgs. a day, but I'm still in the exhaustion phase and it's gotten worse since my last posting. I have been so tired and so out of it lately that I can't even knit. I can't keep track of things and am starting to feel overwhelmed for the most part. I know it will pass, it usually does, it just sucks in the meantime.

The other symptoms I've posted about are still there (reflux stuff, nausea, sore throat) but I've also noticed my jaw burns at times--in the joints. It's like when you bite into a lemon and you get that weird sensation that you can feel in the muscles of your jaw. I have never had it actually be a part of an everyday thing, so I'm assuming it's from the meds.

I've still been able to keep the pain pills down to about 1/2 a day, which I think is really good. Granted, there are times during the day that I wish I could take one, yet I refrain. Feels like I'm "punishing" my body with all the drugs I'm taking in the meantime, so I prefer to "grin and bear it" as much as is humanely possible.

No comments: