Saturday, June 2, 2007

Thick in the fog

My brain has left me and I have no idea where it went. But I want it back. Like yesterday.

This morning I had to have my husband help me count my Prednisone because I couldn't remember if I had taken one already...just a scant 10 mins. prior to all of the confusion. I tried remembering. I tried very hard. But no matter what I did, no answer would come to me. I knew what I had been doing, and part of it was familiar, yet I didn't have enough details to know if I had put a pill in my mouth and swallowed it...or not. Counting the pills yielded further confusion as the amount didn't match up at all with what it should have. If I started the pills on a Tues., took one a day for seven days, then by the following Tues. I should have had 23 left. So then you double the dose for 4 days and you have 23 - 8 = 15. I had 16 left. I'm pretty sure I haven't skipped any pills, however if I had I wouldn't remember it now!

So I popped the pill. I am really hoping I didn't just double my dosage in a matter of minutes yet there's not turning back now.

Everything else is the same. I felt like total shit last night. Headache, woozy/hypoglycemia-like feeling, super sore throat, heartburn, and my heart was racing. That may have been exacerbated by the chocolate bar I ate (forgive me dieting Gods...I tried) or it may have been the late dinner and Pred. Who knows. Either way it wasn't fun. Pain is the same. Still achy/flu-y feeling a lot, but seemingly less than without the Pred. I think...it's been so long who remembers anymore?!

This morning my joints are much achier than normal though. Makes me wonder if the brain fog and sheer exhaustion means I'm flaring again and the Pred just isn't kicking it, or what the hell is going on. Where is that damn Magic Pill already?!

No comments: