Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Recently

I've been exhausted and swamped with work lately so I haven't had time to blog. I saw Dr. B last week and he seems to be quite worried about my liver. With the enzymes being elevated and me having lots of pain in my right upper quadrant, he figured it was time to do a CT and see if anything is going on. That will take place on Thursday. Should be loads of fun.

Still no name on what I have. Dr. B says that he has a few patients that make him scratch his head. Apparently I am one of them. I asked about the Alpha-1 test but he said he didn't think it was clinically significant. This was before he went into worry mode over my liver or else I would've brought it up. I guess I should have brought it up anyways but I just don't like arguing. Especially with a doctor that seems to think I don't know much. I did, however, give him my list of symptoms, test results, and what have you. He seemed both impressed and thankful for it. Who knows if he'll actually read it, if it will go in my chart, or if it will end up in the trash.

Dr. B mentioned a new med for me yet didn't prescribe it. My dad seems to think it's because Dr. B was probably waiting on the results of my bloodwork (yep, had to have more blood drawn) before he decided what dosage to give me. I called today and left a message as I have half a Percocet left. I had hoped they would prescribe me something--either the new med, the Percocet, or both. This week was/is a hectic one for me work-wise and my legs scream not too long after I wake up. I hate to take anything, yet I hate to feel like I do too. So I'm sucking it up and asking for more.

As mentioned earlier I had another trip to the lab. This time Dr. B wants to rule out Wilson's Disease and an iron overload--neither of which he (or I) think I have. Nevertheless, he's being thorough for sure. I saw he was also checking some other routine stuff. We'll see if anything comes back elevated. I purposefully did not take any pain meds in the morning so that I could both tell Dr. B exactly where the pain was and at what level, plus I wanted a "clean" system for blood draws. No idea if it helped. I figure I'll pick up my results tomorrow. I have to head down to BMC to get some stuff to drink for the CT so a quick jaunt to the hospital is in the cards.

Dr. B also gave me a fast once over. Said many tender spots are also fibro spots but didn't say I have it. Who knows. It seems the Prednisone did help. After being off of it for awhile now I can honestly say that while it definitely did not take away all of my pain and I did have to take the Percocet too, there was a slight improvement. Not enough to endure the massive GERD issues, though. My pinky benefited from the Pred and now it's back to yelling at me. Grumpy little thing.

No comments: