Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Upped the dosage

Yesterday was my first day of being on 10 mgs. of Prednisone instead of the 5 I had been on. I only needed to take half a Percocet in the late afternoon and am hoping it was because of the Pred, but not counting any chickens yet. I am definitely ready for a pain pill right now, yet I'm not going to take any until I'm really hating life. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if the pain factor is thanks to me having to scoop up dog poop and pick up dog toys/bones (plus move a heavy stepping stone) so that the yard guys could do their stuff. Had they not come a day early then DH could've done most of the heavy lifting tonight. Alas, that's not the case but life goes on.

I still have the sore throat and last night I noticed some reflux-like symptoms going on. Had a nasty taste in the back of my mouth/throat...like I was going to throw up...and felt nauseous. I'm assuming it's breakthrough reflux. I'll mention it to the rheumy but for now I can deal. Just so long as it doesn't get worse, that is. I'm a little worried about my hypoglycemia as it seemed to flare up yesterday which is kind of new for me. I have read the Pred can mess w/your blood sugar so I'll keep an eye on things and see if I can keep everything under control w/diet like I have in the past.

I'm still exhausted and hating it. I took a 1/4 of a Flexeril the other night to see if it would help me sleep better, however I woke up feeling even more tired. If I don't get my one cup of coffee a day I am screwed and even that doesn't help all that much. Seriously, the exhaustion sucks.

No comments: