Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Still kickin'

It's been forever since I blogged. The last time I was on the Pred, waiting and hoping for something to kick in. Finally, after giving the steroids a try for over two weeks and not seeing a ton of improvement--plus having reflux issues that were horrid--I stopped them. I had called Dr. B on Tues. as per directed, told the nurse how I was doing w/the Pred, and never heard back (well, Dr. B did call on Fri. but I was gone). I got sick of waiting to find out what I should be doing or shouldn't be doing, so I tapered off the Pred myself. Of course I did it way too fast and my blood sugar paid dearly for it. Between the stress of this past weekend for my job (pretty much everything that could go wrong DID), stopping the Pred, and the resulting health issues of doing so, I am AMAZED I didn't end up in the hospital. Man did it suck. My heart was racing, my head felt like it was going to explode, and I was jittery as if I had drank a whole pot of coffee. I had a helluva time keeping my blood sugar up (doesn't help that I have Hypoglycemia to begin with), especially since I didn't feel like eating as I was nauseous. In the end the Pred wore off and my adrenal glands bounced back as best they could.

I will say that I think the Pred probably helped more than it seemed as after going off of it I've been more sore than I was. However, it wasn't nearly enough to make me want to go back on it. My throat is still sore and I'm still fighting reflux.

My appt. w/Dr. B was yesterday, but they called to cancel/reschedule so I will see him tomorrow. I have a feeling I will leave tomorrow w/no answers and am really not looking forward to this visit. DH keeps asking me why I don't just see a different doctor if I feel like Dr. B isn't listening to me but I did say I would see Dr. B one more time and decide from there. I don't need a doctor to hold my hand, or act sorry for me, or coddle me--but I do need a doctor that I believe is reading my chart to try and link things together (that's why I filled out the paperwork in the first place), knows what he/she is doing (as in doesn't tell me that they have no idea what a certain test is), and honestly cares about his/her patients. That's not too much to ask for, right?

Both eyes have taken turns with the redness and pain again. The other night when I went to bed even I was shocked at how pink/red my right eye was. This time the entire white area was colored in. Last night I was this () close to looking for the eyedrops as my left one was killing me. Instead I decided that it would take too much effort and as I've been exhausted again, I rode out the pain.

This past weekend was incredibly difficult for me. I had three weddings (two to decorate and tear down, and one to shoot). If it had not been for my dad and husband doing a majority of the decorating I have no idea how I would've made it. Actually, looking back I have no idea how I made it either. The sheer stress and physicality of everything was overwhelming for my tired, hurting, body. I am still recovering from it all. I am aching all over and having to take my Percocet in the mornings again plus I'm super sleepy. Even going to bed at 10 p.m. and getting up at 8 a.m. isn't enough rest. Up until today I was moving like an 80 yr. old...slow, cautious, every step hurting me. I broke down and bought some Crocs as I hear they are fabulous and thus far I really like them. Can't make an exact call just yet since I'm sore all over.

There is no rest for the weary, however, as we have a big event this week/weekend, another small one next week (which I will have to decorate by myself), and a fairly intense wedding the following weekend. Thankfully July is much quieter and I plan to keep it that way as much as possible! Aug. is semi-busy and then we are slammed once again in Sept. and Oct.

I really hope I can get on something that works starting this week!

No comments: