Tuesday, May 22, 2007

More lab results

I picked up my bloodwork test results last week. Good news is that it's negative for Hepatitis. That was a concern given my liver enzymes have been wonky. More good news that doesn't seem like good news is that my hs-CRP level came back very elevated. It was right on the border of "above normal" and "high." I'm guessing that had that test been done on Sun. May 6th (the day after my marathon photo shoot) the levels would've been off the charts. My Alpha-1 is still very, very low. Not sure what's causing that. My SED rate came back elevated for me but within the normal range. This time it was 24 and anything under 26 is considered fine. Last time it was much, much lower. Again, had the tests been done sooner this might have been raised too.

In reading up on RA and Lupus I came across some interesting things. With Lupus it's not unusual to have Leukopenia (low WBC and Lymphocyte counts)--which I have. Of course, there is something called Felty's disease that is an incredibly rare complication of RA that causes the same thing. I have symptoms that can be tied to both RA and Lupus, of course, and I'm really wanting an answer now as I figure there is more than enough test results to form an educated guess here. I sat down this weekend and typed out all of my symptoms, my abnormal test results, "weird" abnormalities I've had in the past, and what have you. I plan to give this to any and all doctors I see from here on out so that maybe it will make it easier for them to connect the dots.

Of course this weekend we had a huge event to decorate and despite my dad, my husband, and even the banquet manager helping, I still felt like someone beat the ever lovin' shit outta me both that day and up until today. Because of this I called the rheumy yesterday in hopes that he could maybe start me on some sort of a treatment for me to be able to make it until my next appt. which isn't until the middle of June. I have at least 5 events between now and my appt.--I am scared. Like seriously scared. Especially for my June 9th weekend. We have to decorate on the 8th, finish up on the 9th, then I go shoot a wedding on the 9th, tear down the first wedding on the 10th, and decorate a wedding on the 10th, then tear down that second wedding on the 11th. Yeah, I'm stupid and insane. The rheumy's office has yet to return my phone call. Surprised? I'm not.

My left eye is flared once again. Started last night. I am leaving right now for an eye appt. to get it checked and make sure it's still the epi-scleritis and nothing more sinister. I'll update later.

No comments: