Friday, May 25, 2007

Day 3

This morning marks the third day that I have been taking Prednisone. I can't say much has changed except that I get huge hunger jags ever so often. Last night I was eating like a pregnant woman. Not good for the waistline but at least it wasn't overtly unhealthy.

Yesterday was a crap day for me pain wise. I finally gave in and took half a Percocet around noon, which is way early for me. Usually I can stretch it out until around 4 p.m. or so, take a half of one, then take the other around 8 or 9. I even thought I'd be clever and take just the one half at 12, then wait until later to take the other half..like much later. I was in so much pain by about 3:30'ish that I would've taken a shot in the eyeball just to make it stop. I wish I knew what was setting me off so bad as today I am feeling very achy already and it's not even 10 a.m. We have two events to decorate but thankfully the term decorate is being used loosely here as one wedding is just renting the tiki bar from us while the other is just having me cover a few curtains w/chiffon (thank God!). My dad will be doing the tiki bar assembling but I'll be going down to Sunriver and working alone so that he can pick the kids up. I haven't taken any painkillers yet, however I have a feeling I will be before too long, unfortunately.

I had hoped that I would see improvement by now, but no such luck. I'm guessing it could be that given it's such a low dose I might not see any changes until I "up" the dosage. I just hope I don't have to up it too high.

The only "side effect" I've seen other than the hunger pangs has been a slightly sore throat. That could be from the weather changes too, but I didn't have it until I started taking the Prednisone so they may be related. Fingers crossed I start seeing improvement soon.

No comments: