Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Stupid drug

So as I posted yesterday I stopped taking the Ultram and when it wore off I felt the pain rearing it's ugly head again. I popped half a Percocet and the hubby and I settled in to watch Deal or No Deal. Towards the end a very young girl in a tennis outfit was the next contestant and the nicest thing I can say about her was that she's hot. I know, that's pretty nice, right?

She is also very, very, very happy.

Stupidly happy.

Howie asks her what she is going to school for and she tells them she's going to be a Pharmacist. I missed the next exchange (possibly because she talked so fast I couldn't understand a damn word she said, or maybe it was because my brain can only tolerate so much happiness at once) but she said something about being a doctor in four years. Correct me if I'm wrong but most pharmacists do not have MD after their names. In any event, the girl is giddy and peppy and she's making my head hurt and I can't stop laughing at her. That's so mean, I know. Forgive the bully side of me here.

Ryan says, "Just think, one day she could be giving YOU drugs."

"Screw that," I say. "I want whatever she's on now!"

To which he replies, "No you don't. She's on 'stupid.' And no one wants to be on that."

Too true, honey. Too true.

No comments: