Tuesday, January 22, 2008

And the verdict is

As of now Dr. J thinks I have asthma. My lungs looked good on CT and there isn't any evidence of emphysema, but I did drop pretty quick during the methacholine challenge test. He has put me on Advair twice a day for the next three weeks at which time I will see him again. I took the first dose last night and a second this morning. Unfortunately Advair is a corticosteroid and we all know how much my body hates them. Today the lightning in my head and the shakiness came back from it's hiatus. But, I can take a deep breath again. And my peak flow meter hit 445--still below normal but up from my usual average of 400. I have yet to take the third dose tonight as the symptoms I am having are the "call your doctor" type. Tomorrow I will call Dr. J's office and find out if he wants me to keep taking it or what. Not sure what my other options will be as non-steroidal treatments aren't effective. :o(

Stupidly I put off asking for a percocet refill and now I am out. Of course today would be the day that my left SI joint has decided to scream at me. My skin in that area feels incredibly bruised too. Wearing jeans to the store tonight was so not fun. Honestly, the roxicet doesn't kick this pain. At least not the half of one I've taken. Maybe if I upped the dose it would which would be fine for the times that the pain gets this bad and then I can take it back down to the low dose I'm usually on. Or I'd be up for trying something completely new too. I've left two messages for my rheumy starting yesterday and no one has called me back. I need a family physician that can handle stuff like this. It's my fault for waiting this long, I know, it's just that I hate asking for pain meds. I really do. But damn I wish I would've called last week. The pain is bad this time. Real bad.

No comments: