Wednesday, January 9, 2008

All kinds of fun tomorrow

Starting at 10 a.m. (more like 9:40 a.m. for check-in) I will be spending most of my day at Willamette Falls Hospital. First up will be my Lung Function test--unless I hit the lab before that and have my blood drawn. Then it's off to Radiology for a CT scan of my chest, sans contrast. The entire process should take about 3 hours. The drive there is roughly 20 mins. but it's easy as it's straight down 205 and then a few turns after you reach Oregon City.

I started my 50,000 units of calcium last Thurs. Tomorrow I will take my second dose. So far I haven't noticed any drop in the bone pain, yet I'm remaining optimistic that after my second or third dose I will notice an improvement. I also began the B12 supplementation and am way less anxious than I used to be. This was a surprise side effect that I am thrilled about! I wish I would've known sooner about my B12 level being somewhat low so that I didn't have to suffer like I did. It wasn't anything major, however I was starting to hate going too far from home. I can't tell you how nice it is to feel "normal" and not stress over something as silly as running to the store. At least now I know those anxious feelings were not all in my head.

Fatigue-wise I hit the wall again a few days ago. Before it happened I had horrid nausea one night. So bad that I was convinced I would be sleeping in the bathroom again. The next day I woke up feeling as if I had a bad hangover, without the headache, and could barely function. Today I feel much better, although "much better" for me is still not good. :o/ Tonight Megan and I actually ran to the mall so we could each get a pair of Crocs. I had been coveting the Alice version but then I tried them on, and while I liked them (they are so cute!), I wasn't thrilled with how it fit around the sides of my foot. Nevertheless I asked the gal helping us to order me a pair as I figured I'd grow to love them. Megan, on the other hand, fell in love with the Alice in red. Then she spotted a fox Jibbitz (the little charm things you punch through the holes in the shoe). Naturally we had to get two RED foxes. :o) She was thrilled. While Megan had been trying on her shoes I saw the Celeste Croc and thought they were pretty stinkin' cute too. Tried on a pair and yeah...heaven. Of course they didn't have my size in the color I wanted, so the gal took my number and promised to call when they came in. Before we left I thought I'd check another store that carries Croc's and lo and behold, there at a tiptoe's reach was a size 7, Chocolate brown, Celeste. Sweet roll! I wore them around the house when we got home and though it was nice, my feet were already yelling at me from walking around the mall so it wasn't quite as wonderful as I thought/hope it will be. I am still on the search for the most comfortable shoes around. I've tried so many and none have fit the bill. Maybe, just maybe I've found THE ones.

2 comments:

me-nikk said...

OK, so enough time has passed...

How was the hospital visit?!?

:)

Leaving us hanging here...

Beth said...

Laura, so far it sounds like things have taken a turn for the better w/ the docs up in Portland. I'm so glad that they are taking their time w/ you and that you feel good about it all. That's a huge plus!

Any new news from your last visit?