Monday, September 10, 2007

Ouch

I had been going along doing alright, still needing the Percocet, but typically being able to keep it at a half to a whole a day. Then this weekend I hit the wall again. It felt like I was coming down with the flu to the point that I was sure I was getting sick. Despite having been through this more than once I always fall back to the "I'm coming down w/something" thoughts because truly, no one should feel this bad without being able to look forward to getting better. In all fairness we've had a run of the sniffles/congestion as the weather goes back and forth between fall and HELL. I love Bend but I sometimes get tired of only 2 wks. of fall before winter sets in. Although I do have to wonder if the changing weather isn't part of why I've been feeling so crappy. In any event every joint has been acting up. My bones ache even. I was rolling along on my knitting but had to stop because my hands, wrists, fingers, and arms hurt just hanging off of my body, let alone actually doing something. It seems like it's been awhile since my bones hurt and I was in this much pain all over...maybe not. I'd have to look back and read. Tonight I made Ryan promise to "make" me call Dr. B tomorrow and tell them that I am not okay. I need the prodding, for whatever reason, or else I won't do it. And I need to.

With the pain came the extreme exhaustion. I have noticed that I've been toeing that line for awhile now and even though I'm always tired I do know there are differing levels of fatigue for me. For awhile I attributed it to PMS. Then when that should've cleared up I wasn't quite out of that fog/fatigue mode. This weekend was fairly stressful for me which may also have contributed to the big flare. On Sat. morning we went out for Ian's early breakfast (typically I take the kids out for breakfast on their birthdays, but Ian decided that he had no desire to get up at 5:45 a.m. to eat out and get to school on time--I love that kid) and it was all I could do not to fall asleep during our meal. I did end up napping a bit the rest of the day but we had a wedding to decorate so I didn't get to truly rest. Now I feel as if I haven't caught up and could sleep for days.

My eyes have also been quite dry/achy and the left is a beautiful shade of crimson. Nothing new there. :o)

I also need to call Dr. A about the SI joint injections as his office hasn't called me to set it up. Last night I had a nightmare about it and now I'm really dreading it. And yet looking forward to the hope that it will work.

I will say though, that watching Ryan play Oblivion is good for the soul as he makes me laugh. A lot.

No comments: