Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 2/3 after the shots

I am still having quite a bit of alternating pain in the SI joints. Sometimes it's the left one, pinching/burning, and other times it's the right. Either way I'm still quite uncomfortable. Nothing that throws up a red flag and says "get thee to thy doctor right away" mind you. There is no redness or swelling so I'm assuming it's just the after-effects of having needles inserted into inflamed joints. I did read tonight that it can take 5-7 days before the shot kicks in and I've read even longer. I will say that tentatively I've noticed my legs have not been nearly as achy. Course that may change as the stabbing pain in my pelvis that I'm focusing on goes away. ;o)

My feet/ankles have been swelling a bit. The other night my right foot was pretty big. Like a troll foot. Or what I imagine a troll foot would look like. I got it...Hobbit! Hobbit foot! Something new...and hopefully something that doesn't last.

I started back on the Sulfasalazine last night. I am slated to see Dr. B on Mon. of next week so I figured it was best to start it back up again. Still having pain in my liver, enough that it's gotten my attention again. If I have enough energy I plan to head down to St. Charles and do the blood draw tomorrow. I wanted to do it today but that was not happening. Between being super sore and tired I opted to stay home and catch up on a few things that needed to be done around here. I did take it easy, yet accomplished quite a bit for the pain/fatigue level I'm in!

Speaking of which, the fatigue does seem a tad bit better. Would be nice if the fog and tiredness went away to the point that I could clean, run errands, and have fun again!

My TMJ has been acting up. I think it's from the weather...or maybe I'm clenching my teeth at night. I ate a chewy bar today and it felt like I had been gnawing on leather for four hours straight. Achy and stiff. Should've had him inject some steroids into my jaw. Talk about ouch! Could be worth it, though.

No comments: