Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm not dead yet

Tentatively I started the Sulfasalazine yesterday and tried not to worry myself into a rash--because then how the hell would I know if it was the worry or the drugs?!!! ;o) I had taken half a Percocet in the morning and although I needed it about the same time I took the Sulfasalazine I held off to ensure that if there were any side effects I would know where it was coming from. I actually felt a tad better that night. Not nearly as achy. It is waaaaaay too early for the Sulfasalazine (man I hate typing that out) to have done anything, yet there it was. So who knows. Today I took it in the morning. I did get some mid-morning nausea that was no fun but tolerable. Thankfully the nausea wore off fairly quickly--about 2 hrs. and (knock on wood) I haven't had any rashes, itches, vomiting blood, or death. Sweet! If for some reason I suddenly drop off then chalk it up to the drugs finally killing me.

The phone rang this morning around 8:45 and was one of the gals from Dr. H's office. My liver biopsy is scheduled for July 30th at 9:00 a.m. I have to be there at 8 for some pre-biopsy bloodwork, then they'll do the "nasty," make me lay on my side for awhile (or so I've read), and I've been instructed to stay in bed the rest of the day to minimize the risk of bleeding. Thankfully I should time it about right for me to begin reading the final Harry Potter book. Yes, I realize the book comes out well before I get jabbed in the liver, yet I want to hold off as I re-read book 6 first. Or I may say "screw it" and just dive right in to Deathly Hallows. I figure I'll get incredibly bored staying in bed but I also figure I'll be sleeping a lot that day too. So maybe I shouldn't wait on starting book 7 on that day. hmmmm....

They also moved my appt. to Aug. 13th. I have to see that idiot NP again and I swear, if she so much as says anything remotely assinine again I will walk out. Apparently Dr. H will be in the clinic that day as well although it's unclear as to whether or not I'll actually see him. I guess he and the NP are collaborating and will be going over my test results together. Man do I hope I see him personally. Of course I plan to pick up my biopsy results before the appt. so I can go over them, research, and know what questions to ask. Plus I'm an impatient little shit. Course I say that now and watch...the stupid medical records red tape at BMC will put a halt to that. Fingers crossed that since it's being done at the hospital that I can access it via my medical records there. They are a billion times easier to work with down there!

I took some pics of my "baby" tonight. "Baby" meaning my huge belly. I could easily pass for being about 4 mos. pregnant. Maybe even 5. I have seriously thought about getting some maternity clothes just so I can be comfortable. It's not easy, nor fun, squeezing your big belly into jeans that fit everywhere else BUT that area. And don't even get me started on my shirts. The ones that used to be roomy and let me breathe now look like they were shrunk into oblivion. I thought getting one of those empire-waisted type tops would be great for me. They would have been except that I have to get a medium so my boobs fill the top out and normally that would leave the bottom half somewhat loose for me. Like how it's supposed to be. Nowadays, however, the boobs fit and the belly stretches the fabric taught. Not a good look. Unless you're pregnant. And I'm definitely not pregnant.

Yeah for ascites...not.

Where's the shirt that says, "I'm not pregnant. I just have a pissed off liver." I need one of those.

No comments: