Friday, October 5, 2007

New horizons

The month of September was a total whirlwind for us. Between decorating a ton of weddings/events, Ryan was offered the job up at the Portland plant and two sisters decided to buy CW&E. The past two weeks have flown by as we went house hunting, have worked to get papers drawn up for the sale of the business, and are continually cleaning/throwing stuff away/packing/getting the house in shape to sell. Our move date is set for Oct. 24th as of right now and will be here before we know it. Amidst all of this my blood pressure decided to level off--or at least it feels that way--and I've had some relief from the cortisone injections. Unfortunately my bones have still been very achy and I had to stop the Zine again due to breakthrough reflux. I haven't told Dr. B about it yet as part of me figures he'll tell me to start it back up again.

I have been feeling ill since yesterday--stomach issues, fever, chills, achy, and super tired. Not sure if this is another flair or if I actually have a bug. It has hit at a bad time since every day counts and I need what little energy I do have so I can get stuff down around here. We also have three more events this month before the new owners take over as well. Which means cleaning glassware, putting stuff up, taking stuff down, etc.--more energy expenditures and less time for house-stuff. Not that I'm truly complaining in that the extra money will be nice!

In between I have decided to throw a party to thank my vendors for referring jobs to us, say goodbye to them, and introduce them to the new owners. I have put all the decorating duties in the hands of the ladies buying the 'biz so they can show off their talents yet I am still fully involved in setting everything up. Crazy, crazy!

1 comment:

Beth said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you...the move, the sale of the business. That is awesome Laura! Did you guys find a house in Portland yet?